Kanter & Associates, P.A., C.P.A. takes care of your books for you, so that you can perform the job of running your business and generating profits rather than getting buried in financial paperwork. Whether you are a small or mid-sized business, multiple staff are assigned to your account, which allows for an internal review process. This “team” approach is designed to better service your account. Once financial statements are received, call to schedule your appointment and review them with your CPA. Experience the difference we call the KAPA Way.
Monthly/Quarterly Write Up provides:
Bank Account Reconcilement
Income Statement (Profit and Loss) Preparation
Balance Sheet Generation
General Ledger Maintenance
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account and accounting up to date. The process helps you by doing the following:
- Identifying lost checks, unrecorded deposits, and unauthorized wire transfers.
- Detection of excess bank fees and insures correct posting of bank transactions.
- Detects embezzlement of funds within the company.
- More effective cash management.
- Prompt reconciliation protects you and your business by allowing you to object to any unauthorized or fraudulent activity in a timely manner.
The income statement itemizes the expenses, lists all the revenues and calculates the difference between revenues and expenses which is the profit or loss for the period. The income statement does the following:
- Tracks revenues and expenses to determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determines the area of the business that is over or under budget.
- Shows the items causing unexpected expenditures.
- Determines the income tax liability.
- Tracks dramatic changes in cost of goods sold.
The balance sheet is a “snapshot” of the business finances at a particular point in time.
- Quickly give a financial picture of the business.
- Identifies trends in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Determines if the business needs to take steps to boost cash reserves.
Financial statements provide financial reporting to potential lenders to determine the amount of credit to grant the business.
The general ledger is the core of the company’s financial records. Because all transactions flow through the general ledger, problems with the general ledger result in inaccurate reporting. A review of the general ledger each month allows us to discover discrepancies such as double billings or unrecorded payments. We adjust any discrepancies found for you.
QuickBooks is America’s best-selling small business accounting software. Quick books helps businesses easily manage their accounting, payroll, and invoicing. Kanter & Associates, P.A., C.P.A. is a member of the QuickBooks Professional Advisors Program. We can assist you with installing and setting up QuickBooks to achieve optimal benefits for your specific needs. We can provide the technical support you need, when you need it, to answer questions and keep your employees working productively. Support is available by phone, via remote access or at your location.