Our team of individuals can help you solve your tax problems. We specialize in helping individuals with serious federal (IRS) and State tax problems. We deal with the Internal Revenue Service or State Department of Revenue so you do not have to!

We pride ourselves on the service and professionalism we provide our clients. We pledge to advise our clients of their options on how best to resolve their tax problems. We will represent and be an advocate for our clients before the IRS and taxing authorities. We will help our clients solve their tax problems permanently and negotiate the lowest possible tax debt settlement allowed by law. Although we are not attorneys, we can handle your case all the way to petitioning tax court.

The list of services that are associated with our Tax Advocacy encompass the following:

Offer-in-Compromises (Offer)
Request for a Collection Due Process Hearing
Requesting transcripts from the Internal Revenue Service
Compliance with tax filings
Direct Communication with IRS Agents and Officers
Review of all account issues to ensure comprehensive assessment has been made to minimize tax liabilities
Installment agreements due diligence and implementation
Reliable communication from our firm

Kanter & Associates will utilize our staff resources of enrolled agents, certified public accountants, and tax professionals to provide a reliable and more stress-free environment from which to handle your IRS tax matter in a confidential and professional manner.

What is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections, and appeals.

What does the term “Enrolled Agent” mean?

“Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and “Agent” means authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS. Only Enrolled Agents, attorneys, and CPAs may represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department.