In August 2004, Brad S. Kanter, established Kanter & Associates, PA, CPA. The firm has grown to 10 staff servicing over 750 clients both business and individuals. Our firm performs tax preparation, both individual and corporate, Internal Revenue Service Controversy services up to petitioning tax court, compilations, and reviews, business services, and CFO services. In addition, our firm conducts forensic accounting examination including fraud examination, valuation services, and litigation support services.
Prior to 2004, Mr. Kanter had gained experience in the private accounting and management sector through employment in multi-million dollar law firm management as a Legal Administrator and as a Controller and Business Manager of a $200 million Professional Employer Organization. During his private sector employment, Mr. Kanter developed the skills and experience to manage both from an operational and accounting perspective small to large business models. This experience included operational issues which included strategic planning, budgeting, and cash flow management.
“I have managed many Internal Revenue Service examinations ensuring financial accounting and tax accounting compliance. Our successful representation of clients to the government has included examinations which handling client subpoenas, forensic examination and case management to resolve government claims.”
“In addition, I have provided forensic examination and fraud examination on matters including potential misappropriation of asset claims, non-compliant tax and accounting recordkeeping and irregular cash management. I have also provided litigation support services during depositions and court hearings during divorce and corporation ownership matters.”
- CPA– Mr. Kanter is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Florida.
- CFE – earned the designation of Certified Fraud Examiner awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- CVA – earned the designation of Certified Valuation Analyst awarded by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
- CGMA– earned his Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA) awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- EA– earned the designation of Enrolled Agents (EA) awarded by the United States Treasury.
- MAFF-earned the designation of Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) awarded by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts.
- NTPI Fellow – earned the designation of National Tax Practice Institute Fellow (NTPI Fellow) awarded by the National Tax Practice Institute under the National Association of Enrolled Agents.
- BA – earned the designation of Bachelor of Arts (BA) with a major in Marketing from Florida Atlantic University.
- BS – earned the designation of Bachelor of Science (BS) with a major in Accounting from University of Tampa.
- M.AC. – earned the designation of Masters of Accounting (MACC) with a focus on Forensic Accounting awarded by Florida Atlantic University School of Business.
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Tampa
These designations signify competence in forensic analysis, valuation and fraud examination including tax preparation and analysis, financial accounting and business operations combined with ongoing substantial continuing education requirements.
Mr. Kanter holds memberships in the Business Valuation and Forensic and Litigation Services Membership Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), The Florida Association of CPAs (FICPA), The National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst (NACVA) and The Association for Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).