Our team of individuals can help you solve your tax problems. We specialize in helping individuals with serious federal (IRS) and State tax problems. We deal with the Internal Revenue Service or State Department of Revenue so you do not have to!
We pride ourselves on the service and professionalism we provide our clients. We pledge to advise our clients of their options on how best to resolve their tax problems. We will represent and be an advocate for our clients before the IRS and taxing authorities. We will help our clients solve their tax problems permanently and negotiate the lowest possible tax debt settlement allowed by law. Although we are not attorneys, we can handle your case all the way to petitioning tax court.
Kanter and Associates, PA, CPA's has been in practice for 17 years and is a Certified Public Accounting firm that is implementing a planned growth strategy during the next 2-5 years. In our plans, we have already begun to ramp up our fraud, forensic and expert testimony services we provide to clients. In addition, we continue to grow our traditional accounting services which include preparation, compilation, review, strategic planning, consulting, business valuations, payroll and other services. In addition, we are seeking firm acquisitions to increase our growth.
Position: Staff Accountant (Entry Level)
If you’re skilled in accounting and have a passion for tax, your next career move is with us! At Kanter & Associates, PA, CPA's. We have an opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our team in the Tampa Bay area. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, bookkeeping, financial accounting, and tax preparation. In return for your commitment to learn and grow, we offer a professional working environment, work/life balance, excellent career growth potential, benefits, and a competitive compensation package!
Paid Time Off • 401k • Sick Time • Professional Paid Ongoing Training
• Tuition Reimbursement
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following Skills/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Master's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years in public accounting.
- Active CPA certification preferred or CPA exam candidate.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking.
- Strong System Software Aptitude.
- Prefer QuickBooks, Creative Solutions, Fixed Assets software experience.
- Strong people skills to deal with prospects and clients.
- Professional client communication through email, chat and telephone.
- Strong interpersonal skills in regards to staff communications and interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and a general aptitude for technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual Tax Preparation.
- Data entry and journal entries.
- Prepares compiled financial statements including adjusting journal entries, trial balance, and bank reconciliations.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting tax and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- $40,000 to $45,000 Annually
- Full Time
To Apply, Send Your Cover Letter and Resume to Eileen@kanterpa.com